How to Get to Hopkins
Traveling to Hopkins? Belize presents many great options for every type of traveler.
First, we encourage travelers to contact their Cell Phone Carrier prior to travel, for international plan options, to enhance your experience.
Entering Belize is primarily done through the Philip SW Goldson International Airport (BZE). Flights arrive daily from 11:00 AM to 4:30 PM and depart from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM typically.
Once in the airport you will go through Customs and Immigration before being sent back into the airport terminal for connecting flight or out to the main entrance where a shuttle, bus, taxi or rental car agency across street are all available and can be arranged prior to arrival.
Four options are available for transportation to Hopkins
- Rental Vehicle at Airport
- Estimated $80-90 US per day $650-800 per week
- Estimated 2h hour drive using the new Coastal Road
- The Coastal Road is ready to be used– not overly marked but high, dry, bridges and under construction still make it a great option– no orange barrels just new roads with no markings in some spots– great new addition for Belize
- GPS works on most cell phones- plan accordingly with Cell Carrier and international plans– once in country you may have to turn on and then off phone to reset to Belize Cell Phone towers- GPS device available at Rental Car Agency
- Car rental options at airport
- Airplane Ride to Dangriga then taxi or shuttle to Hopkins
- Estimated at $120 round trip to Hopkins– $60 USD each way for 4 people
- 15 minute plane Ride to Dangriga along Coast/Reef
- Shuttle or Taxi from Dangriga to Hopkins
- Estimated cost $40-$50 US one way for four people
- 35 minute ride from Dangriga to Hopkins
- Air Carriers in Belize– Schedule after booking international flight
- Once in Hopkins you can get a rental car— Estimate $60-90 per day
- Private Shuttle
- Taxi or Shuttle can be arranged easily at the Airport or prior to arrival
- Estimated cost $200-$300 for a full shuttle load– it all depends on how many people
- 3 hour ride
- You may be with others on Shuttle
- Once in Hopkins you can rent a car or use Shuttle for inexpensive side trips or guided Trips
- We recommend our onsite Independent Guide and Shuttle Service
- Very popular with the backpackers who want to see the country first hand
- Estimated cost of $35-45 US per person
- There are two options– Express and Regular
- Difference is how many stops
- Could take 4-5 hours
- You will need to take bus or taxi to Belize Bus Station
- Ticket to Dangriga via Belmopan
- Ticket to Hopkins from Dangriga Bus Station
- Hopkins you want to go to town stop– not Junction which is 3.5 miles from Town
Once here we recommend you relax and unpack. We will greet and check you into your room promptly. Restaurants and Grocery stores are a short walk, bike ride or drive down the street for that quick snack after traveling.
Feel free to contact us for information or scheduling either Airport pickup via an Independent Shuttle Guide.